Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's a...

The day we checked out of our place in Monterey we had our ultrasound scheduled with Dr. Wada to find out the gender of this baby. We were supposed to have had the appointment before Christmas but the office had to reschedule it. I was so bummed so this appointment was even more anticipated! We had made everyone submit their guesses and the majority was voting for a boy. Jeremy and I too both voted for a boy since the Evans seem to produce more boys than girls. I've always wanted to start with a boy for some reason too.

 

I was really nervous on the drive over to the doctor's office...I think just really anxious. But I was also worried that they wouldn't be able to see anything! Once we got into the office Dr. Wada was so great to talk with us about all our concerns answering all our questions and giving us a lot of information. Then we moved to the ultrasound and we told him we wanted to know the gender. As Dr. Wada rolled the thing around on my belly he pointed out that the legs were crossed and that would make it more difficult to see for sure. He decided to move the face to see if he could get a picture of that but the baby's hand was covering it.  I couldn't believe it! My fears were becoming realities  Then I realized that my legs were crossed too! So I quickly uncrossed them and told him to try again. Unfortunately that didn't change the baby's position. But he was able to give a 90% of what he would say the baby's gender is based on what he could see. He pointed out different organs on the way back to try and get a look as the face and just as he got there the baby moved its arm just enough for him to snap a quick picture. A tender mercy! At least we were able to see something! We've got a shy one coming!

After the appointment we headed home to quickly prepare for the gender reveal party. 
PURPLE??? What the heck does purple mean?
It's a GIRL!!!
Well at least the doctor is 90% sure it's a girl. 

Here's the story. Both our pink balloons popped...of course. And then we thought of the purple. Since there is 10% doubt, we thought it would be sort of funny. People were mostly just confused. We just laughed and told them it was a girl. Then of course had to explain. Roxy was so certain it was a girl, she can prepared with a super cute Roxy swimsuit for her. So fun! Even with the doubt I feel pretty comfortable confirming that it's a girl!

I can't believe I didn't get a picture of our cake! Completely covered in white frosting and sprinkles, you couldn't see the strawberry pink cake inside!

And here's her blog debut...our sweet, shy Leila Dawn. Can't wait to meet her!

1 comments:

The Days of your Life said...

So fun! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys!!!