Friday, June 7, 2013

2 Year Anniversary

I can't believe that Jeremy and I have been married two years! Time has really flown by but it seems like we have been married forever. It's hard to remember time before Jeremy. We have been best friends for so long! This anniversary is a momentous one as it is our last without kids! Nuts! Looking back on this last year of marriage I can't believe how much we have been through together. Two college graduations, one pregnancy, one move from Rexburg to California, our first flight together for our vacation in Florida, and an acceptance to graduate school. Our life has changed so much and will only continue to change! The good news is that we aren't going through any of it alone. Jeremy is the perfect person to be standing by my side through it all. I really got lucky!

This year we didn't do anything too crazy. Instead we just spent the day together. 

First we went to this doughnut shop in Oakley. I secretly LOVE doughnuts. I love bread and I love sugar so put them together and you have a perfect treat! However, I rarely eat them. Jeremy decided that instead of breakfast in bed this would be a perfect start to our day. And it was...except for the little mishap once we got there. We get there and another couple comes in right after us. I know exactly what I want (my favorite...maple bar) but of course Jeremy needs time to decide. It looked like there was only one left but Jer assured me that that one was the custard filled and this other group were regular. We decided to let the other couple go first since Jer needed some time. What did the lady order? A maple bar. Was it the last one? Yes. Devastation! So I had to settle for a chocolate bar. But Jer got a custard filled maple so I could nibble off the side. He still owes me my own maple! 

We had Mom take our traditional anniversary picture. Unfortunately it was bright, so the glass caught some glare. But still cute!

Our last treat for the day was going out to eat at one of our favorite places: Chili's. We never go out so this really was a treat. 2 for $20! 

I loved spending the whole day with my sweet husband and was reminded to count him twice when I count my blessings!


2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Feliz aniversario mi amor :) I am so stoked for an eternity of good times and happiness ahead of us!

martyrudd said...

The last maple bar...are you kidding me? I didn't hear that story or at least didn't remember it. Just think...year 3 will be celebrated with the 3 of you in NC!!