Monday, January 25, 2016

New Years in Camarillo

Leaving Antioch we went straight to Camarillo to the Jenkin's house. Leila was such a trooper and really was great on the late drive. 
We pulled into Anie's driveway and were greeted with a surprise. Bobby, Amy, Porter and Matthew had driven from Utah to surprise us and join in on the New Years celebration! We were so surprised and excited to continue our tradition of New Years together! I wish I would have gotten a picture of this surprise!
After a busy Christmas we were so happy to just keep things low key with the Jenkins and Rudds. We started our first day with a walk to the park.
Elle and Leila were immediately best friends. Elle is just so sweet and patient with Leila and it is so fun to watch them interact with each other.
We had a great time just playing!
After naps we made a quick trip to the beach. It was pretty cold but it was a must to as least put our feet in the Pacific Ocean!
I think it's safe to say Leila was in heaven!
Right near the beach was a little aquarium that we checked out. It was awesome!
(Stuffed in the elevator!)
Again...Leila was in heaven!
Quick selfie with my sister!

We went out to dinner at Andria's. Seriously this place was amazing! Jeremy isn't a seafood lover but both him and Leila were pounding the food! What was extra fun was Spencer's sister Jocelyn and her husband and son were there! Totally unplanned and it was so fun to see her!
The next morning was spent at the park. It may be simple but nothing beats it!
Leila is still figuring out how to stay up on the slide! Ha!
An afternoon of soccer in the backyard.
One of my favorite pictures of the trip--three cousins in a tub! 
New Years Eve was another laid back day. Unfortunately sickness struck and it started passing around our bunch. 

One of my favorite things is being an aunt. I love these sweet nieces and nephews of mine!
One quick "2015" picture before sending the kids to bed so we could spend the night playing games!

I absolutely love seeing my girl with her aunts and uncles. I am so grateful to have such a close family so my kids can have a relationship with their aunts, uncles and cousins.
Unfortunately we had to get back on the road January 1st. Saying goodbye to everyone was so sad. Thank goodness we will see them again in a few months for the family reunion! So thankful to the Jenkins for being so hospitable and showing us a great time and to the Rudds for surprising us and coming all the way to California! It was a blast!
Another long drive back to the Bay and Leila really was such a trooper!
With Mom and Dad already gone, Roxy saw us off!
We stayed in Antioch with the remaining Evans one more night before flying across the country again. Unfortunately the sickness caught up with Jeremy and he was up all night throwing up. He was worried about getting sick on the plane especially with all the motion so he took a dramamine...and then passed out on the plane. Ha! Thankfully the flight wasn't too bad!
Still smiling!

It was an amazing trip but we were happy to be home!
A couple days later the stomach bug got to me and let's just say it's not fun being sick pregnant...

1 comments:

Anie said...

Hi, aunt Karlee. This is Madi. I was on my blog when mom told me you had a blog too. I was so exited to read it. It was so fun to read your post on when you came to our house for new years. We had a great time together. I am exited to read more of your posts. I love you!