Friday, September 12, 2008

wisdom teeth

i really dont think i need i even need to write anything about this experience. these pictures really just speak for themselves.

day one -- right after surgery
i actually was trying to smile but couldnt quite do it. my dad and friend jeremy brought me flowers. they definately made me feel better.


day two --they just kept getting bigger!
after day two i stopped taking pictures because i couldnt bare to look at myself. those dang cheeks kept getting bigger and bigger. it was ridiculous!

i know lots of people have some crazy wisdom teethe stories but i think mine is pretty good. so i have to tell it real quick and mom dont get mad at me!

so i remember waking up after the surgery in the same chair that they had done the surgery in. i remember thinking that was so funny because the nurse told me that they usually move the patients into another room with a bed unless the patient is totally out of it. so i was laughing to myself about that. then i realized that my lips were super chapped and i hate when my lips are chapped so when the nurse came in i was like complaining about it so she put some carmex on them. i just kept rubbing my lips for a long time because it felt really weird. then they came in to take me to my car and i just kept laughing. they were all laughing and i guess they told my mom that i was just super giddy . i got in the car and couldnt stop laughing. i looked at my mom and we both just started to laugh. then i realized that i hadnt said thank you to the nurses so i either opened the door or the window (i cant remember) and was waving and trying to say thank you with a mouth full of gauze which made me laugh even more. i dont really remember the drive that much because i was in and out the whole time. but i remember pulling up to safeway and my mom said that she had to go get something. i think medicine or something. well i wake up a few minutes later and am so hot, so i open the the door to get a breaze and the frickin car alarm starts wailing. i dont have the keys and im drugged up like no other and i just start freaking out. i cant get a hold of my mom (of course) and so i call my dad and am trying to tell him what is going on through my tears and a mouth full of gauze. so i have to wait for him sitting in a car that is going crazy and people just staring at me wondering what the frick is wrong with me. it was great and my mom thought i wouldnt remember but i definately did. thanks mom! :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the laugh Karlee Dawn!! Can't wait to spend some time with you tomorrow! I'm so super duper glad you are here now! I've been super homesick since mom left, makes it easier with you being close. (wait, isn't it supposed to be the other way around????) LOVE YOU!

The Jeffs Family said...

Puffy cheeks? Where? You are the only person I know that can still look cute after getting her wisdom teeth out! We miss you!

Anie said...

That's HILARIOUS!!!! I hate to break it to you though, but these pictures are NOT bad at all! I remember looking at myself in the mirror after getting mine pulled and breaking down into tears- thinking that my face would never look the same again! YOu still look CUTE- no matter how hard you tried to look puffy and gross!!

JoSue said...

My Mom left me in the car too on the way home from getting my wisdom teeth out! What is up with Moms leaving their delirious kids in the car. It's just an accident waiting to happen!! Glad to hear everything went well though and that you made it to Rexburg safely. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Love you!