Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Month One: April 2011


Right after our honeymoon, and I mean right after, we headed up to Rexburg, ID to start school.


We actually couldn't move into our place until the end of April (we can put down in the books that we were homeless for the first two weeks of marriage!) Thankfully the Geddes family allowed us to live in their home in Rexburg until we could move in. They had a room for us in the basement with our own bathroom so we were a little more secluded. When we first got there, Sister Geddes had a vase with a rose, our wedding invitation framed and some sparkling grape juice in our room! SOOOO nice! We were so grateful for them and their generosity! We seriously don't know what we would have done without them.

*I wish I would have taken pictures but I wasn't thinking!*

We celebrated our first holiday together this month. Easter! Micheal and Anna-Lisa went out of town for the weekend and they asked us to house/dog sit for them at their home in Idaho Falls. We had a blast! My family actually doesn't do Easter baskets or Easter egg hunts or any of that so this was my first time! I woke up early and put together this basket (bowl) for Jeremy. It's pretty rough but I'm learning!


I have to include the story about the tooth brush holder! I have a pink one just like it and when Jeremy saw it he thought it was really cool. He usually just throws his tooth brush in his toiletries bag. So I decided to get him one and I filled it up with Redvines. It was pretty legit! However, while we we getting ready for the day, Macey, Mike and Anna's dog, jumped up, grabbed it, and gnawed the whole thing trying to get the licorice. I guess she thought it was cool too!

Jeremy was pretty surprised. He told me to look away while he quickly put one together for me too. :)


Thanks Mike and Anna for letting us stay at your house and for the use of your bowls!

We moved into our place the last weekend in April. We are living in a subsidized complex in Rexburg. I actually applied for this place while Jeremy was still on his mission (crazy I know) since the waiting list can be from 6 months to a year. It was such a blessing that we were able to get in when we did. We didn't have to do the whole find a place for a month or two and then move again. Thank goodness! Again I wish I would have taken before, during, and after pictures of the move, but I didn't. I need to have more of a picture mindset! But I do have some pictures of after we moved in.


This is one of my favorite things about this apartment...a storage room right across from our front door! So awesome! We also have cute kids that live next door and I told them they could color on our side too. They left us a beautiful rainbow. :)


Always have to have a picture of the front door!


Front entryway


Side one of the kitchen...lovin' the orange counter tops!


Side two of the kitchen
This is the third microwave that we had to buy in two weeks. We had some bad luck!


Living/Dining Room...White walls everywhere! We don't have any pictures up yet!
Free couch from the Biggs!


Jeremy wouldn't let me get a real table. :( So this is our Walmart card table that bows in the middle. Can you say GHETTO?
The little peep hole is another favorite thing... so random! Alfred's bowl is usually inside it.


Grandpa built this cedar chest for me. It's so beautiful we had to put it out in the front!
And yes that is a Christmas tree and nativity scene...we love Christmas!


TV stand for 8 bucks at DI. It has wheat carved in it! And of course the tacky movie boxes.


This is our second bedroom. Jeremy is modeling by reading a book his dad wrote...the best book in our collection.


Bathroom...orange counter tops and a cushy toilet seat...what more could a girl ask for?


Huge hall closet. It could fit a washer and dryer but no hook ups. They just wanted to tease me!


Bedroom. The dresser is another Grandpa Rudd original.


Bedroom. Jen made fun of how pathetic the pillows are but hey it's a work in progress.

0 comments: