Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Month Two: May 2011

Once the semester starts, life gets pretty monotonous and boring. This semester I took educational psychology, Children's Literature, a math and science class, my literacy practicum, and Building an Eternal Marriage. I saved a bunch of classes that I've been wanting to take for this semester so it was a really nice load. I know taking "Building and Eternal Marriage"  a week after getting married is pretty cliche but honestly it was one of the best things Jeremy and I could have done to start our marriage off right. The text book was a marriage manual put out by the church and includes tons on talks from General Authorities. We studied this together as well as kept individual journals of what we were learning. I would honestly suggest every newly married couple do this. It was a perfect opportunity for us to study and document. I look back at these journals and so much learning occurred and they will be something that we will keep and hopefully share with our children some day.

Along with taking these classes I also worked two different jobs. I don't think I have ever written about my jobs. I love them! The first job that I have been working at since my third semester up here is for the College of Education and Human Development. My title is a peer adviser. Basically what I do is help people figure out what they are doing with their lives. I love it! Students come in and they have been taking all the wrong classes in all the wrong order and I help them work it out and save them staying an extra semester or two. Or they come in not knowing what they want to be when they grow up and I help them realize that they are grown up and we find a career for them. It's great! I really love helping people and my boss and coworkers are fabulous. I've been working here long enough where I was finally promoted to lead peer which just means I get to manage the office a little more and do training. This job has been such a blessing to me while I have been here at school. It's a campus job so I don't work past 5 or on weekends and they work with my school schedule. When I go off track, I just come back and I still have a job. I have been spoiled. I'm sad I don't have a picture with the girls I work with or my boss. Bummer! I also got offered a TA position for my favorite professor on campus. It is only 6 hours a week so I still work 14 hours for m adviser job, but this is a little less stress. I get to grade papers, organize and create lesson plans and materials. All things I love to do! Plus chatting with Sister Kay should be pay enough. She knows everything about being a teacher. The time that we chat has been so beneficial to me. I have learned so much from her. Plus I never miss an assignment because I have to know when everything is due for her classes.

OK, that's a lot of writing...time for pictures!

Being newly married is fun because you have all these new things! Roxy, one of my favorite people in the world and one of the biggest spoilers in the world, bought me this BOSCH for our wedding. I have grown up with my mom cooking in a BOSCH and I swore I would never own a KitchenAid. Everything tastes better from a BOSCH and I need all the help I can get. I didn't think I would get my own mixer for a long time but of course Roxy wouldn't have it. And boy am I grateful...well I think Jeremy is even more grateful! The first thing I made was banana muffins. Can you tell how happy I am?
Also being married, I have tried to be more domestic. Trying is the key word here...line upon line. This pizza was one of the successful tries. It's whole wheat...Jeremy was happy.

We realized that we hadn't taken any pictures of our first couple months so here are a couple for your viewing pleasure. :) On our way to school and to church....we are trying to remember to take pictures. 


Happy May!

0 comments: