Sunday, September 9, 2012

Quick trip to Utah

With our Utah family just 4 hours away, we are so blessed to be close enough to go down quite often. It is especially nice to be so close for things like baby blessings and other family events. The trip this month was to attend the funeral of Jeremy's Great-Grandma Egan. She passed away one week before her 98th birthday. I didn't know Grandma Egan very well, but Jeremy has shared so many fun memories of her. Her funeral was a celebration of her well lived life as every funeral should be. Her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren were in attendance and had the opportunity to share their thoughts about her. As I listened I wished I would have known her better. She was an example of a true disciple of Christ.The celebration of her life concluded with 100 balloons being released into the air at the grave site. It made me smile and I know she was smiling too.

I wasn't carrying my camera around taking pictures, however, I did get some pictures of our trip down. Like I said we have made this drive a lot and it gets pretty monotonous. So Jeremy decided to mix things up by being spontaneous and pulling over to see these lava formations. 


Idaho has a lot of these kinds of places but we never stop to see them. This was a first! We parked and hiked around for awhile enjoying nature. :)


These don't look very cool but in real life it looked better. 

Oh the wind...I will not miss you!

This is our last semester with Tyler before he leaves on his mission so we are going to live it up!

1 comments:

Jeremy said...

I love our spontaneous adventures!