Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Jeremy is 23!

Jeremy's birthday! I love birthdays! I think it is so fun to have a day to celebrate someone. Especially when I love them as much as I love Jeremy. Unfortunately, Jeremy doesn't love celebrating himself as much as I do. He asked to not have a party or do anything big for his birthday. All he asked for was money for his surfboard fund and to go to a gas station for dinner....seriously! He kills me. But I gave him what he wanted!
He did get some surprises though. He had entered this thing online to get some free sports nutrition products and he won! The package came just before his birthday so I let him open it a night early.
He was pretty excited about all his free stuff!!!

Of course he got breakfast in bed...German pancakes, apple slices, and milk (all at his request).

Then, because we were up early and so excited, we opened presents in bed first thing after breakfast!
I got him some new board shorts, which only made him more excited to go to the beach!
I wanted to give him what he asked for, but it was too boring to just give money and not have things to open...so I got creative.
Money in a tissue box

Money in a candy box

And money in a DVD...he was confused when he unwrapped it because he knew we already owned this movie. :)

Of course I gave it to him in all ones so it would look like a lot more :)

He had to go to his research group after presents so I took the opportunity to decorate while he was gone. 


We spent the day just hanging out and relaxing (with some homework mixed in) before we headed to the gas station for dinner. I was very skeptical but he was happy and I was pleasantly surprised!



I also made Jeremy a new dessert I found on Pinterest...he liked it and happily ate the whole cake over the course of the next week!

Jeremy got lucky and got two birthday dinners. The next day (Sunday) we cooked up some steaks that were given to us. Jeremy loves meat so even though he had to freeze cooking them outside on the barbecue  it was worth the effort!

Happy Birthday Jeremy!

0 comments: