Saturday, October 26, 2013

First Mother's Day

Leila arrived in perfect time for Mother's Day. The best gift I could ever ask for! I told both moms right after she was born that this was my Mother's Day gift to them... I think I did pretty good. :)
 
I have to say, it is totally surreal that I am a mom. It is something so foreign yet comes so naturally. Heavenly Father definitely gives a gift to mothers because that is the only way I have any idea of what I am doing. I was also blessed with such a sweet baby. I am grateful she has Jeremy's temperament. She is so calm and loves to sleep...just like her Daddy. (Well, she loves to sleep during the day...not so much at night.)But every sacrifice is completely worth it!
 
We spent Mother's Day at the Evans' house. The Rudds, Passeys, Aunt Linda, and Aunt Janet joined as well.
So tiny in her car seat...asleep like always. I wish I had a picture of her bum...love the ruffles on these pants. Newborn outfit from Gram!

Grandma Passey is completely in love and wants to get as much time with her as she can before we move. I love this picture of the two of them!
Leila is such a lady!
 
Second best part of Mother's Day: talking to Tyler on the phone. So awesome! We miss this guy!
 
It has been so hot, so a lot of time Leila is just naked under her swaddle. :) And she still loves sucking her thumb! 
Lost a bunch of pictures so this is the only Mother's Day picture of us that I have. Still cute!
Jeremy earned favorite son status when he gardened with mom for Mother's Day.
And I even got flowers from Leila. The note says Happy Mother's Day! I love you Mommy! Love, Leila
Such a special Mother's Day!

0 comments: