Saturday, October 26, 2013

Week One

Wow! Leila is one week old already. Time has really flown by and I can already see her growing. It kills me! Obviously it's a good thing but I don't want her to grow too quickly!
 
Here are some things about Leila.
 
I don't know when or where this started but all the kids on both sides of our family refer to Leila as "Baby Leila" and it's just kind of stuck.
 
She has already started to smile in her sleep. It absolutely melts my heart! Had to throw in this little picture sequence.
 
The swaddle: So I'm still learning and I'm not quite up to professional standards so Leila is pretty good at escaping. Again this photo series was hilarious!
The "stretch out"
The "hoorah"
The "pass out"
 
Leila doesn't do too well sleeping in her bed or on her back at all. In the hospital she started showing signs of reflux and it has caused some problems since being home. She throws up often in her sleep and if she is on her back she chokes. So if I can keep her on her side in her back that works but the bouncer has honestly been a life saver. I just hope she doesn't get too used to it.  
 
I know it's a baby thing, but baby expressions are way cuter and way more hilarious when it's your own baby. One more picture series.
 
Of course we had a one week birthday party...anything for a celebration in the Evans' house! (Ok it was just the two of us eating pink ice cream while Leila slept.)
Her one week pictures were with all the other pictures that got lost but I did find a few to post.
 
Fenton's strawberry ice cream in cones thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Evans.
Leila was really excited for her party!
One week later and we are even more in love with our Baby Leila!

0 comments: