Monday, February 10, 2014

Growing up...

I can't believe how much Leila is growing. After she was born it only took a few sleepless nights to feel like this was my new norm. Her complete dependence on me and newness to life seemed like a forever thing. So to see little ways of these things changing is sad to me. Don't get me wrong getting sleep at night is great but it's hard to watch my newborn slip away. But everyday is something new and I'm trying to live in each moment. One of the many things that Leila has taught me is to appreciate the little moments and achievements in life.
So people laugh but I celebrate each new food Leila tries with pictures and/or videos. I know...I'm obsessed but I just can't help it! Here are a couple of her first foods...
Cereal
Prunes
Carrots
 
Another sign of growing up...this girl is strong! To keep her entertained in her swing, I attached some rings to the mobile. I was in the other room and heard this clicking noise. I walk in and she was holding on to the ring like this and holding the mobile from turning. I took her hand off figuring it was a fluke that she was able to catch one but she did it again! I seriously thought she was going to break it she was pulling so hard! So the rings are off the mobile now. :)
 
Another sign of growing up...Leila is stinking smart! She loves her books and I loved catching her totally into her LDS quiet book.
Until she got too tired to hold her head up.  
 
Finally, I had to add in this late night picture that Jeremy took...love snuggling with this girl, feeding her with a bottle that she can totally hold by herself now and just staring at how absolute perfect she is. Ya, I'm a cheeseball! 

0 comments: