Thursday, May 31, 2012

Month 7: October

October was a busy month full of cravings for pumpkin so I will post a few pictures to guide my summary.

We started the month out right by attending conference at the conference center in Salt Lake City. We took Tyler and Mikaela with us. It was a big party! It has been so nice to be so close to Salt Lake so we could attend so often. 

Jeremy's last semester playing competitive volleyball for BYU-I. He has hoped to be on the same team with Tyler but that didn't happen. This semester he decided to try-out as setter to save his shoulder some pain and he was the best setter in the league. I remind Jeremy regularly that I don't know anyone else that can be the best in everything they try. It's amazing! Their team made it to the semi-finals so I was pretty proud. He and Tyler also played in the All-Star game still on the opposite teams but they had a blast!

Starting in October I always get these cravings for anything and everything pumpkin. I started trying to fulfill these craving by making one of my favorite pumpkin treats: Josue's pumpkin roll. Her's are prettier than this one but it still tasted pretty good. 
Next came these delicious pumpkin bars. Similar to the pumpkin bars but in bar form. I tried to get creative and cut them in diagonals. I get really crazy sometimes. I also made pumpkin muffins, pumpkin chocolate  chip cookies, and roasted pumpkin seeds. I was pretty pumkined out by the end of the month.

My first time cooking pork. Such a fancy dinner! Oh and homemade lemon-aid! Living the high life!

My other fun creation. My friend Taylor showed me these owl cupcakes and I fell in love. I had to make them for Halloween! But of course we couldn't eat them all so we passed them out to our neighbors. I think it gave them a good laugh. They look like a little army! HA!

  
I had to include a cute picture of Jer and I matching. I know that it would appear that he is pregnant by the way I am holding his belly but I promise that he is not. 

PUMPKIN CARVING!
This is one of my favorite parts of Halloween, other than the candy of course. Here are some pictures of this years carving festivities. 







Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Anie said...

I love you. I miss you. I can't wait to hang out!!!! Need I say more? COME VISIT ME SOON!!!! PS. that last pic of you is my favorite. If only I could grow long, beautiful, silky, full hair like you. xoxoxoxoxoxox

JoSue said...

My pumpkin rolls are DEFINITELY not prettier than yours. Luckily powdered sugar on top can hide any terrible cracks. My sister actually rolls hers the long way which I never tried but it worked out just great at Thanksgiving. Love all your documenting and updating. I can't wait until you are all caught up to present day!! :) Just bought my plane tickets for sistersfest. Can't wait to see you! xoxo