Thursday, May 31, 2012

Month 8: November

November is a month of celebration in our house. Jeremy's birthday is on the 10th and it's one of my favorite days of the year! However, Jeremy decided that he wanted to keep it simple this year. So we just invited Tyler over for a little party. Actually, I let Jeremy open one present the night before. How spoiled!

Jer with his presents

This is the look of someone that knows what their present is...sneaky!

He found one that he didn't know what it was.

Wool Socks! 

Air Hockey from Ty!

Brownies with candles! 

The wax from the candles melted inside since the brownies were still warm...YUM!

During November I was also teaching my unit on Idaho geography to my fourth graders. I knew absolutely nothing about Idaho geography so it took a lot of studying to be able to teach it but it turned out to be a lot of fun. We started by sending "Flat Stanleys" to a bunch of fourth grades around Idaho in hopes that we could learn more about the geography in different areas around Idaho and we ended with making salt dough maps of Idaho including different land forms that we learned out throughout the unit. It was definitely a learning experience but super fun!





What cute kids! I am pretty lucky to get to spend all day with them! 

0 comments: