Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Months 3,4,5 SUMMER!

I love summer! So many fun things happened this first summer together so instead of writing a separate post for each month, I’ve decided to group them together for one MEGA POST!

Let’s start with the Fourth of July. I have never really made a big deal about this holiday because we never had any fun traditions to go along with it. However this year was the best!!! My dad, Grandma, Grandpa, and Bobby and Amy came up to our place for a visit. Having people here made it much more exciting to celebrate and do something.

We (me, Jer, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Bob, Amy, Jen and the kids) spent the day at Rigby Lake soaking up the sun and enjoying the closest thing we have to a beach. Dad even rented paddle boats for us to go out on which were so fun! It was super crowded (like I said, this is the closest thing to a beach around us so it fills up fast) but it made for good people watching and there was a lot going on including some high quality karaoke. Once we were all burnt to a crisp, we headed back to our place for a BBQ. Dad was in charge of the meat which you would think would be the highlight of any barbeque but really it was this amazing Jello. This seriously is the sickest thing I have ever seen. Jeremy made most of it and Amy and I decorated. LEGIT! All in all it was a great day.


Legit Jello

Dad the BBQ Man

Grandma and Grandpa...and of course Bob is always trying to get in on the pictures

I loved having my Daddy here!

Bob and Aimes

Your's Truly


While family was here, we enjoyed just hanging out and enjoying each other’s company, which of course includes some good hearted poking fun.

We were all shocked that Dad was wearing shorts that actually went to his knees! Way to go Dad! We are proud of you!



I love these people! 


Such sweet smiles!


After Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa left we went to a fair thing in Idaho Falls and then watched the Melaluca firework show in a baseball field with the Lucas gang. Jen’s friend Brian had this idea to buy a ton of glow sticks and pass them out to the crowd. We helped and once the sun went down, that field looked so cool! Such a fun tradition! The fireworks were pretty amazing too! What a great way to celebrate our independence!



July also marked the end of Jeremy’s mission president’s family’s mission in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. We were lucky enough to travel to Salt Lake City to welcome them home. The Hales are some of the most amazing people I have ever met! I can never thank them enough for what they did for Jeremy while he was on his mission, but I will say that I am striving to be just like Sister Hale. It was already a big enough gift to meet them, but I was also able to meet my first general authority…President Uchdorf! I shook his hand (no picture…I’m not that crazy! Ok if it wasn’t in the chapel I probably would have.) and hugged his wife and chatted for a bit. It was amazing! I was totally crying! Well more like my eyes were glistening but I definitely was feeling the spirit! This was the first Ft. Lauderdale mission reunion so I was able to meet a bunch of people that I had only ever read about in Jeremy’s letters so I absolutely loved it!



Before the end of the semester we also fit in a float down the river with Michael and Anna (which included Jeremy and I sharing an inner tube and toppling over into freezing water…it was a BLAST), the last Harry Potter midnight showing EVER (my childhood coming to an end) and a trip to the Museum of Idaho which was showing the Bodies exhibit. This basically entailed a bunch of cadavers but in an artsy way. Jeremy of course was fascinated, and once I got over my queasiness I was too. The even had full bodies of just veins and arteries and fetuses. It was absolutely amazing and I’m thankful I didn’t lose my dinner.

The gang at Harry Potter! Only a couple of us dressed up. I had a wand but I was too chicken to pull it out after all the movie theater workers were yelling "No wands allowed!" 


Once the semester ended in July, we enjoyed a couple of days of relaxation at home and then packed up and headed down to Bear Lake for some more relaxation. Passey Family Reunion! We took the Salt Lake express (always a little sketch) down to Brigham City where Jeremy’s parents and Tyler picked us up and we drove the rest of the way with them. Jeremy’s uncle has a cabin in Bear Lake and this thing is AMAZING! I couldn’t resist but to include pictures of this place. Three stories, 7 bedrooms plus a dormitory, sports room, home theater, a whole lot of high tech stuff, basketball court, and so much more. It was so nice but maintained the homey cabin feel that I absolutely love. Thanks Uncle Jim for opening your home to the whole Passey clan!
The Cabin

 The View



Jeremy and I got this room after Linda and Janet left. All sever rooms were decorated so cute!

I loved the dormitory!

My favorite bathroom in the house...the floor tiles match too!

 I love cabin steps!

 Ok this was actually my favorite bathroom...check out this tub! Mom Evans let me take a bath in this and it was the highlight of my week...I didn't even care that I was burnt. It was awesome!

I fell in love with this mirror...I'm a little obsessed. Jeremy and I had to show it off. 

While here we enjoyed the sun and the summer thunder storms, the town, the overflowed lake, and a whole lot of time with family. I absolutely love Passey family reunions (I snuck into one before I was officially apart of the family) and the Passey family! I couldn’t have married into a better extended family! 


Best Raspberry Shakes!
 

After the reunion we headed back to California for the remainder of the break from school. Time was split between the Rudds and the Evans, which is always hard to balance, but it was so fun! (Secretly it’s nice to be fought over…it reminds me how much we’re loved.) Jeremy used this time to work for his dad for a bit but mostly get volunteer hours for physical therapy school. He was able to work at a few different places and learned so much! We were lucky he got to work with such amazing people! While he was busy, I was doing what I do best…planning ways to distract him from his responsibilities. Oh, and relaxing! We went camping in Half Moon Bay, took a trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, enjoyed the beach, and a lot of time with family.

Our campsite: Where it looks like the land ends is actually a drop right down to the beach. We stepped out of our tent and it was right there. Such a nice spot!

Very delicious campfire meal. We made it right away, scarfed it down, and then looked at each other and said, "Now what do we do?"

So we went and explored. Found this whale skull...cool!

This is the only surfing I do

Enjoying the beach...I was freezing the whole time but I've learned to expect that my our beaches...hence the blanket.

The Evans gang hadn't been to the aquarium in forever so thanks to Mom and Dad Rudd's season passes, I was able to show them around. 

 
Some day our home aquarium is going to look like this!

One of my best friends from growing up got married this summer too! The wedding was so Michelle and I was happy to be her Maid of Honor (that’s a self-appointed term) so that I could be present to witness such a happy moment in her life. Scott is an absolutely perfect match for her and someday was will live closer together so that we can actually start our plan of growing old together. 

Bachelorette Party

I didn't get any pictures with Michelle but I did snap this quick pic of her and her dad. So cute!

Mom and Jer dancing the night away!

I snagged him for a bit

Kaite, Kendal, and Karlee

Kaite and Tyler got married in June. So we all (Kaite, Michelle, and I) each got married two months apart. It couldn't have been more perfect if we would have planned it...and believe me, we tried!

The end of summer meant back to school. I think this picture sums up my feelings exactly.


2 comments:

Jeremy said...

What a great megapost Kar!!! Wow, you are such an amazing blogger. I'm glad we've been able to spend all of these epic moments together:). Keep your tips up sky!

Anie said...

KARLEE!!!! How FUN this was to read and see ALL your pics. I'm so glad you're getting your blog up to date! And can I just say how BEAUTIFUL and photogenic you are!!! I know I've told you a million times, but it's the truth!!! YOu're GORGEOUS!!!! I love how happy and carefree you newlyweds are!! :) Seriously tho- it's good that you're livin it up before you have kids. Take trips, go on some good vacations and enjoy sleeping in! These pics of you guys remind me of what life was like for Spencer and I before kids. It was only 5 years ago, but boy does time fly! I miss you like crazy! I SO hope you guys end up somewhere close to southern CA!! i would LOVE for you to live close by!! LOVE you SO much!!