Thursday, January 17, 2013

TAHOE

Labor Day weekend Jeremy and I headed to Lake Tahoe with Mom and Dad Rudd to stay at our good friend, Clark Williams, condo. it was such a fun trip and a perfect way to head our summer here in California. We were pretty packed in the car with Jeremy, Kody, and I in the back seat,
(me watching Tangled)
Mom driving and smiling all the way,
and Dad starting his vacation off with a nap on the way there. 

Dr. Williams' cabin was awesome! It was so nice to be right on the beach too! That is the cabin and the staircase that we would take down to the private beach where our spot on the beach was always reserved ...what more could you want? :)
(We did have some "trespassers" one day but the boat police came to remove them...total beach drama!)

The view of the beach from the dock. I love the beach covered in pine trees...so beautiful!
And our view from the beach with the mountains surrounding the lake. Such an amazing spot for a weekend getaway. We didn't waste anytime either soaking up the sun on the beach. 

Mom, Kody, and Dad

Mom...tanning as always! 

Jeremy found some sweet goggles that he put to use looking for cool rocks under the water.

Jer and I

Mom and I...matching suits!
Dad and Mom
and one with Kody

Of course we had to get a little family picture too!

After the sun went down, we spent time inside eating yummy food, watching movies, playing games, and attempting to finish a puzzle.
I love puzzles and thought that I could finish this one in a weekend but I underestimated how long it would take to put together a  a difficult 1000 piece puzzle. Bummer!

Kody of course had to bring his "buddy" and spent his time relaxing with the rest of us.
The view from our balcony was so beautiful each night. We took the opportunity for a little photo shoot. 

We also found some sweet tubes and a raft (that I guess I didn't get pictures of) that we thoroughly enjoyed floating on!
I got creative and used the raft pole to help navigate the tube.

Mom and Jer had a blast together! :)

Jer also got creative and used the tube to help him find treasures on the bottom of the lake...he's just a kid at heart!

Some other cute pictures of our last day of vacation:
Mom and I
True vacationing...just relaxing on the beach!
Kody posing for the camera
Jer and I
Getting creative!
Of course I left some art work on the beach. Instead of seashells this beach had super cool rocks to be artsy with...

TAHOE 2012
Can't wait to go back!

0 comments: