Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fall!!!

I love fall! The weather starts to get a little cooler which makes me want to snuggle up inside and drink hot cocoa and eat everything pumpkin of course. We tried to get a little creative with our decorations this year. I saw this door decoration on Pinterest and since I don't have my own classroom door to decorate I thought our storage unit door across from our front door would be perfect! (Unfortunately Frankie didn't last long once the Rexburg winds started.)

Jer and I posing with Frankenstein 

We also added a scary light-up skeleton to our door until Josue sent us an early Christmas present...this super cute homemade wreath!!! We gladly moved the skeleton out of the way to make room.

I got so many compliments on this wreath and I absolutely love it! Thanks Jo for helping us decorate!

Of course we also had two consecutive Family Home Evenings of pumpkin festivities this month. The first was to go pick out the pumpkins and the next was carving and seed roasting.

Us with our pumpkins

Jeremy ready to go to work

Jeremy is the muscles in this operation so he had to cut out my pumpkin top and and his own...by the time he was half way through his I think he underestimated his own strength and snapped our knife. It probably wasn't the best idea to use one of our good knives. We were really sad but didn't let it dampen our spirits!

Cleaning out the guts

Jeremy making the details perfect

The finished products:
Jeremy's was an elephant...the ears are on the side.

Me with my winking pumpkin

Sitting on our porch and finishing our Halloween decorations...now if only we could get some trick-or-treaters!


0 comments: