Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Farm Day

With only having one kid that is so little, a lot of times I find myself just sticking around home and not really taking her to do things. She is completely content playing with toys at home so why do it? However having a sister with four children who aren't content to just play at home has pushed me to do things that I normally wouldn't just do by myself. And I'm always so happy when I do!!
 
One of these times was the end of April when Tisha put together a trip to Maple View Farm with a bunch of her friends and invited me and any of my friends that could to join them. It was so fun! I think I was a little more into it than Leila but she seemed to like the animals and the hay ride so all together it was definitely a fun trip!
Our tour guide was so fun and entertaining!
They were lots of cute animals and we even got to see them shave the lama.
The hay ride was the perfect way to see all there was to see around the farm. There were so many cows!
There was also a class on seeds that was very informational and great for the older kids. Leila just wanted to eat the seeds so we might wait until she is a little older to do that again.
 
After everything we ate lunch and the kids played on the playground. This place was so kid friendly and everybody had a great time!!
The farm also has their own little dairy shop (for lack of a better word) with amazing ice cream and their famous chocolate milk. They started it because they were ending up with so much extra cream from their cows. What better thing to do with cream than to make ice cream! And man it was so delicious!
We can't wait to go back!



0 comments: