Sunday, December 23, 2012

Dad's Birthday Surprise!

My dad was so sad that we would be missing his birthday just by a couple days. I promised him that we would have a birthday party on Sunday (the day after we were to get home). But of course in true Rudd fashion a surprise was definitely in order. We worked it out that we would be able to leave on Friday, get in to the Evans that night and head over on Saturday for a surprise. I let my mom in on it so that we could make sure to have dad at home. 


 I had seen these super cute Despicable Me cupcakes on Pinterest and an idea for a themed party came to mind. My dad loves this movie (maybe not as much as Quigley Down Under, but I couldn't plan something cute around that movie) So I made the cupcakes, added some balloons and entertainment and called it a party. The surprise went well and it was so fun to celebrate this guy that I love so much!
 Of course with my "Rudd Luck" (which I thought would go away when I changed my last name...no luck) there were a couple small mishaps. First one of my sweet minion balloons popped on the way over. Luckily we were able to save the other two. But the biggest tragedy was my minion cupcakes. I forgot how hot Brentwood is in the summer! My lack of planning for weather caused these babies to literally have their faces melted off. They looked really sad but it's the thought that counts right?! Too bad I didn't get any pictures before the car ride.  

 
After treats and some chatting, Tyler, Jeremy, and I performed our version of "Barbara Ann" minion style. The real minion version can be viewed on Youtube. We practiced our performance on our way home and it turned out pretty close to the origninal. Dad Evans was a walk on kazoo player and did a great job! We do whatever it takes to get a laugh! 
 
Thanks Dad for letting us celebrate with you on your special day! We love you!!!

0 comments: