Sunday, December 23, 2012

I did it!

For a while I have talked about chopping my hair. I used to do it all the time when I was a kid. I have never really been attached to my hair and thought it was a fun change. 
This was taken after one particular time of chopping over ten inches off. My mom said that she was going to donate it for me to Locks of Love. It wasn't until sometime late in high school when I was cleaning out some of my mom's cupboards that I found the ponytail still in the envelope. I think that was when I knew I needed to do it again so I could donate it. It took me a while but I decided there was no better time to do it. So I headed over to my favorite stylist's house, my sweet cousin Emma Hansen, to have her do the honors. 

BEFORE
(It helps add to the "before effect" that I was having a bad hair day and was badly burned this day.)

14 1/2 inches later and a whole heap of extra hair on the ground...


AFTER 


I love it!!! And though I am having a little bit of a hard time adjusting, I think the cut is so cute and something different than my long, blah hair which usually finds itself in one of my signature messy buns. Thanks Emma for the drastic new look!

0 comments: