Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Day With Madi

I love being an aunt. It is one of my favorite roles. I love my siblings more than anything, but their kids are just something special. It is sad for me to not get to spend as much time with my nephews and nieces as I would like. It seems that every time I see them they are so much older!! I was so glad that when Madi stayed after the sisterfest I got to spend a day with her while Gram was at the temple and Papa was working. We had a blast!

These two pictures were actually taken the night before. Madi had watched "Horton Hears a Who" earlier in the day. Then she found these little "clovers". She had to keep them safe so that the little worlds that lived on them wouldn't be disturbed. We tried talking to them while we sat in the car. 

We decided that we wanted to go swimming today in a big pool. Madi is a great swimmer! Plus I told her if we went to the Evans house we could talk to a special bird. We swam for awhile, enjoying the last time before the Evans would be taking the pool out. Madi loved the bodyboard!  

 After we got out of the pool, Dad Evans offered Madi a granola bar. She excepted and he handed her a chocolate chip chewy bar. Now in the Jenkins house the only kind of granola bars they have are Nature Valley bars. So as Madi started eating, her eyes widened and with chocolate on her face she said, " This is the best granola bar I've ever had!" I loved being apart of opening her eyes to world of sugar!

Then Madi discovered Pete. The Evans have had Pete for   years. I'm not a fan of birds and I think Pete knows that because he seems to have it out for me. I didn't let Madi know this though because I didn't want to scare her. That girl was fearless! Right off the bat she wanted to hold him, and pet him, and feed him. I was so impressed. He even said some things to her which Madi thought was pretty cool. Pete was really a hit and I'm just glad no blood was drawn! 
Feeding Pete 

1 comments:

Anie said...

I'm dying laughing about the granola bar comment! TOO funny!!! I love all these past posts you did. Wanna comment on them all. Look at you becoming such a great blogger! Thanks for taking such great care of Madi for me after the sisterfest! She has such a great memory and will always remember the fun times with Aunt Karlee!! LOVE YOU!!!!