Thursday, January 2, 2014

Saying Goodbye to Brentwood

A week and a half before moving day, we picked up our two moving "boxes" to load up all our stuff. We would be shipping these across the country to avoid driving a moving van. We are just praying they are actually there waiting for us when we arrive. 

It's surprising how much stuff we have accumulated over the past two years of marriage. It was a tight fit, but thanks to our expert packers we got almost everything in.

Our moving crew consisted of Grandma and Grandpa Passey, Mom and Dad Evans, Mom and Dad Rudd, Roxy, and us.
The Girls
Contrary to how this picture appears, they were not sitting in the shade the whole time...
The Boys
As I went to take this picture of the guys in front of their tightly packed containers, I laughed because it looked like a band picture. Leave it to Dad Rudd to jump on that idea and grab props to add to the effect. Jeremy didn't participate...or was just the water boy. :)

My favorite picture of the day
I was so sad as the boxes started filling up and it looked like the love sac wasn't going to fit. Especially since we had spent time taking out most of the filling and using it as padding throughout the containers. My sweet husband was adamant however and made it happen! It took some man power but there was just enough space and I don't think a single item will be moving inside these suckers.

With our last few days we said goodbyes. First we said bye to Grandma and Grandpa Passey who were leaving early on a trip. Next we said a little goodbye to Mom and Dad Rudd for just a week since we would meet them at the family reunion. We did a farewell dinner at Dickey's since Jer and I had never been. We were pretty stoked about the free cups and ice cream for dessert. 

Leila and I took a trip to said goodbye to Papa Tom and Grandma Vicki. Sure love those two!

The Calhouns stopped in Brentwood for a few days during their cross country road trip. It was fun getting to play with them for a bit. We had the Hansens over too while they were here. 
Love this picture of Leila and cousin Jack...just two days apart!

So glad we got a cousin picture in too! 

Before we left I really wanted to get a family picture out front. We had to have all the 'kids" in a picture together; Kody, Alfed, and Baby Leila. Before we said goodbye to Mom and Dad Evans our last day, they snapped a quick one for us. Cheesy as it may be, I totally love it!

Leaving home was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Obviously I have lived away from home for quite awhile now but there was always the option to visit for holidays and summers. Now, living across the country, that's not so easy. I'm so sentimental too and it was extra hard leaving Leila's first home. I cried...a lot.

But once I was in the car I was ready for the next adventure!

2 comments:

The Days of your Life said...

We have got to come down and see you guys and meet your little girl! I promise! This summer!

Jeremy said...

Yeah let's not pack everything and move across the country again any time soon...I'm not sure the love sack will be so fortunate next time!