Friday, January 17, 2014

Two Months

 I can't believe that two months has already passed since Leila was born. Time is really flying! And Leila is really growing! She now weighs 10 pounds 2.3 ounces and is 21.5 inches long; our little string bean!
She is starting to laugh and smile and talk. She tries so hard and gets frustrated if she can't express herself. It really is so adorable. I especially love the smile that she has just for her Daddy. It's reserved just for him. She gets so excited to see him!
She does have a serious side and really knows how to stare people down. For the most part she is a very calm baby and makes everyone feel at peace.
However, she also knows how to do a good pouty face and has started to get a little more fussy. This is usually related to sleep. She needs a lot of sleep and if she doesn't get it, the pout starts. But at night it's the complete opposite. She just wants to play! We are working on it but for now I just enjoy these cute faces.

While we are on the topic of sleep, she is adorable when she sleeps. She is getting strong enough to get out of my swaddles so a lot of times I find her like this. Because of her reflux, I have always put her on her side to sleep and now that's how she likes it. Maybe she'll grow out of it and want to sleep on her back, but for now she is still sleeping in a bouncer and I just hope this doesn't ruin her forever!
One of my favorite things about Leila is her hair. She's got this rocking fo-hawk growing in and the more she is in the sun, the more the tips light so it's got this ombre effect. She's two months old and already following the trends!
Like most babies at this age she is attracted to lights and sealing fans. As soon as one is turned on, she is in a trance. But she also loves her swing. It is a ocean theme and has a fish, a whale, and a turtle mobile attached and she LOVES it! She watches them so intently and smiles and laughs. So adorable!!!
Leila LOVES her baths and has since her first one. She is absolutely content when she is in her tubby. I really think this has to have a connection to all the baths I took when I was pregnant with her.
Along time ago I saw this pattern for a "blankie" for a baby that has a stuffed animal attached to it. I really wanted to make it because I wanted each of my kids to have a little "lovey" to sleep with and each baby would have a different animal. So before Leila was born we were trying to figure out what animal to do for her. Then when we found this vintage ladybug fabric in the attic we knew that was it. And it progressed from them. Mom ended up making her this quilt and a friend made her these little booties. When I found this red tutu in the clothes I was borrowing from Anie, I knew a little photo shoot had to happen.
We love our little Leila ladybug!


0 comments: