Friday, January 17, 2014

Three Months

Leila is three months old! We celebrated her birthday just after moving into our new place.
She now weights roughly 12.5 pounds and is 23.5 inches long. She is pretty skinny but Jeremy is hoping the height keeps up for volleyball purposes! :)
She has really discovered her mouth and is starting to put everything inside it. This makes toys a lot more fun for her. If we give her something to play with, she is happy to have something to suck on!
And boy does she go to town!
Leila is such a happy baby, which is such a blessing. I can already tell that she has more or Jeremy's disposition which I couldn't be happy about. She is really easy going and nothing seems to really upset her. Even when she is hungry she can be easily distracted. She is much more content to just smile and let things go.
The thing that Leila is famous for is her hair. I have to admit, it is pretty awesome. She definitely has lot of it, but they way it is growing in is what is really awesome. Jeremy and I think it looks like a wave in the back. :) But no matter what I do, it always sticks straight up. So we've embraced it!
It measures about two inches long and is perfect for little clips. :)
Even though she is still not a "big" girl as far as weight goes, she is starting to fill out. And I love the chunk on her thighs!
Love the close up of her little feet and toes.
I'm happy I could catch this picture of her feet crossed like a little lady.
Leila's new favorite thing right now is to jump and bounce. Jeremy was holding her one day and started to help her jump on his laugh and she started laughing so hard! It was hilarious. She loves it!
Leila has really found her voice. She is talking a lot now. She talks more to inanimate objects than to us but one day we'll be more exciting than the butterflies flying above her head in her gym.
Another big development for three months is that Leila is sleep trained! Once we moved in and Leila had her own room it was the perfect time and she took right to it. It took her just five days to get to a full twelve hours at night. I couldn't believe it and am so excited about it. I occasionally still go in and give her a binky but she falls right back to sleep. She's a miracle!
I love every single facial expression and can't help but keep snapping my camera. Never a dull moment with our little three month old!

0 comments: