Tuesday, April 14, 2015

June Highlights

I guess I'll start with the sad news for the month. This month we said goodbye to our sweet dog Kody. Kody has been apart of our family for the past 9 years and has truly blessed our lives. I'm so glad Leila was able to meet him and love him like I did! He will really be missed. 
Last family picture 
Summer is definitely here! We joined the Calhouns for our first pool trip and had a blast! 
Leila thought she was one of the big kids and wanted to just jump right off the little step into deep water.  
We both loved the much needed cool off from this humid start to the summer.
Got a cute picture after pool time with these matching cousins. Thanks Papa for the "aloha dresses"! 
I love finding her playing by herself. She's such an independent little girl. 
Thanks to Aunt Tisha, she is getting started on learning her letters and loving it!
She loves her dollies and her Minnie! 
Leila got her first fat lip this month. It was actually really sad. She fell right on her face and her teeth cut her lip. But I couldn't resist a picture.
And the bag of ice I gave her fixed everything right up. 
When I find Jeremy like this, I know it's finals time. 
We had some more bittersweet news this month. With the end of the semester came the start of Jeremy's first clinical. He was assigned to work in a hospital in Pinehurst. The distance was far enough that he qualified for free housing which would save us a ton of money on gas but meant that we would be apart all week until he could drive home on the weekends. This has been a sacrifice but it's only for 8 weeks so we are making it work.
Of course Leila doesn't understand but I dread her asking for her "dada" every day. 
Our tearful (on my part) goodbye for the first week. 
Now our family pictures look like this. But just for now!
Jeremy is doing really well with his clinical. He loves the people he gets to work with and the hours are pretty good. It leaves him time to enjoy the beauty of Pinehurst.
We've also been enjoying the beauty of this amazing weather with lots of time outside.
Walks and park days with friends,
lots of bike riding,

and even some indoor playdates for the days that are just too humid to go outside.

(This is exactly what I used to do with a little ball I had as a kid. Leila loves to do it with the cabbage from her kitchen set.)
Her new favorite toys are the potatoes in the kitchen. This is how she keeps me company while I cook
.
She loves to wrestle!
She's quite the eater as well!
And on the weekends we live up every moment with Daddy that we have.
Trip to the NC Botanical Gardens:
Chick-fil-a afterward...our favorite!

World Cup: And we found what TV Leila is really into.
And after all that playing with Dad, she passes out. :) 
(I love this picture because it shows #1 how she sleeps with her lady bug and #2 all the binkies we put in her crib so she can find them at night. Ha! 
We can't forget an update on our other child. Alfred enjoyed a much needed upgrade in his home this month. He is one happy fish
Such a great/busy month but we can't wait to have Daddy back!

0 comments: