Saturday, April 11, 2015

NC ZOO

I've posted too many zoo trips on this blog. What can I say? I love zoos! However this trip to the zoo was special because it was Leila's first trip to the zoo. I was pretty excited and may have had too high of expectations but we had a great time!

We had some fabulous tour guides. I love being able to do these kinds of trips with my sister and her kids! 
Just a couple of my favorite exhibits:
The gorilla. He was staring everyone down and came right up to window and posed for the camera. 
They were a little stinky but we loved the flamingos.
The elephants topped it all for me. They were red! I have only seen elephants be gray but I guess they cover themselves in the red clay dirt to keep themselves cool. They were so beautiful.
Even when the animals were fairly close it was hard to draw Leila's attention their way. She might just need to be a little older. 
But that didn't keep her from having a blast with her very hands on cousins!
Such a perfect day at what might be my new favorite zoo!

0 comments: