Thursday, June 12, 2014

New Year's

Now that we have a kid New Year's Eve just doesn't seem as exciting. We knew that we would be home with Leila in bed so we didn't really make plans. However, the Calhoun's friends the Calls came into town and wanted to go to a UNC basketball game. We thought we would just hangout with them while they were in Chapel Hill and then we would go our separate ways. But before the end of the night Leslie had rounded up tickets for everyone in our group. It was so awesome. So we ended up watching the game and then headed home to get Leila to bed. She is such a trooper with late nights and actually really likes sporting events. Not sure if it's the game or the TVs but either way it makes life so much easier. After we took a couple pictures, shared a New Year's kiss with our sweet baby and got her to bed we sat down to watch the New Year's Eve celebrations on TV and watch the ball drop. Next thing I knew Jeremy was waking me with 10 seconds left of the new year. Ha! I'm officially a mom! No party left in me! But just spending the day with the people I love the most was exactly how I wanted to spend it! Couldn't be more grateful to have these two by my side in this life. Life is so good! We are ready for 2014!

0 comments: